I am registered nurse, midwife, childbirth educator & married mum to two boys. In addition to my work as a delivery suite and post-natal midwife, I have a keen interest in childbirth and parenting education.
As a mother and midwife I know how overwhelming pregnancy, birth, and early parenting can be. I understand the value of quality education for pregnant women and their partners at this time.
It was my interest in this area of midwifery that prompted me to launch my business in 2012. I discovered a need for private, in-home antenatal classes that are tailored to the parents needs, delivered in a comfortable environment. Since then I have had the pleasure of providing my service to many expectant parents. You can read their reviews here.
I truly believe that knowledge is power. I aim to provide you with the knowledge and skills that you need to embark on this journey, and to eliminate some of the fear that surrounds childbirth.
Here is some detail about my background and qualifications:
- Registered Nurse since 2005 (UWS –Bachelor of Nursing)
- Registered Midwife since 2008 (UTS –Graduate Diploma of Midwifery)
- Delivery suite & Postnatal Midwife at The Mater Hospital
- Facilitator of hospital based antenatal education programs
- Delivery suite & Postnatal Midwife at The Mater Hospital (please add “since 2008” to this)
- Facilitator of hospital based antenatal education programs (please add “since 2009” to this)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist & Antenatal Midwife Coordinator at The Mater Hospital since 2016
- Current registration with AHPRA board
- Full member NSW Nurses Association
- Full member of Australian College of Midwives
- Full member of Childbirth & Parenting Educators Australia (CAPEA)
- Possums Certified Educator level 1
- Insured by Medisure