Private, personal, and professional antenatal education to expectant parents in the comfort of your own home.
As a practicing midwife, nurse & mother I have hands -on experience in all areas. This gives me a unique advantage in providing you with comprehensive and high-quality education.
I provide unbiased evidence-based information, to prepare you for birth and to help you make informed choices about your care – in partnership with the health professionals on your team.
By doing this, I hope to reduce any fear or anxiety you may be feeling towards the labour/birthing process and about becoming parents.
My sessions will include all the information you would receive if attending a hospital based program including:
- Warning signs during pregnancy
- Signs & stages of labour & when to go to hospital
- How labour begins & induction of labour
- Pain in labour – why we have pain & how to cope
- Birth preferences
- Role of the support person
- Normal birth
- Pharmacological analgesia available, including advantages & disadvantages for mum & baby
- Unexpected outcomes, including instrumental birth, episiotomy & caesarean birth
- Characteristics of the newborn
- Tests/immunisations that are offered & community resources
- Special care nursery & jaundice
- Breastfeeding & expressing
- Parental adjustment & postnatal depression
- Nappies, wraps, SIDS & safe sleeping
- Settling techniques & feed/sleep cycles & routines
These sessions will, however, be tailored to meet your specific needs and the content is completely flexible. The benefit of having a personalised service is that we can focus on issues that are applicable to you and your pregnancy.
For first time parents, 8 hours is required for quality education. These 8 hours can be structured however you like Two 4-hour sessions seem to work well.
Sessions are available for women having multiples or caesarean sections. I also offer shorter refresher sessions for second-time parents.
Discounts are offered for group bookings. If you have friends who are pregnant at the same time, it can work well to do your sessions together.
I offer my services in the day or evening during the week, and during the day on Saturdays. I cover most areas of Sydney.
Private health fund rebates are available for most funds, depending on your level of cover.
Please contact me for pricing information or to book in your antenatal childbirth & parenting education.